Lymph Drainage massage: Boost the efficiency of your lymphatic and circulatory system
Did you know that your lymphatic system plays a very important role for your health? A lymphatic drainage massage can help you with this.
The lymphatic system helps you fight infections and heal fractures. Also when your immune system could use a boost or when you are detoxing your body this specific massage technique can help you. Along stimulating of liquid circulation in the body this massage is for you as well when you feel stressed or have tension in your muscles.
What is a lymph drainage massage?
Lymph drainage massage is a technique with specific characteristics created to stimulate and excrete waste out of the liquid system in the human body, because the lymphatic system is a part responsible for the liquid circulating within the body, and responsible for the immune system.
Lymph drainage is likewise a key to maximize capability of physical restoration of our body in order to enable the body to withstand strain and resist diseases well.
The massage is a gentle and rhythmical with the use of hands, lower arms and elbows.
The lymphatic system is a large network of lymphatic vessels, organs and tissues. The vessels carry a clear fluid called lymph and white blood cells towards the heart. White blood cells fight against infections, viruses and bacteria.
3 main results of the lymph drainage:
1) Stimulation of liquid circulation in the body.
Including stimulating function of lymph and lymph circulation. And indirect result to the body from stimulation of blood circulation in the body.
2) Stimulation of the immune system.
3) Stimulation of the parasympathetic nervous system – which gives the result of relaxation, resists stress and contraction of muscles or tense muscle etc.
Benefits lymph drainage massage can offer
The main goal of lymphatic drainage is to boost the efficiency of the lymphatic and circulatory system.
When the volume of the retained fluid is reduced, the risk of an impeded circulation is also reduced. This in turn increases the capacity of the lymphatic system to rapidly drain the retained fluids and any built up toxic waste.
- Provides a boost to the immune system
- Increases metabolic rate
- Reduces the chances of developing minor colds and viruses
- Helps the body to fight off any occurring infection
- Speeds up healing and recovery from an illness
- Helps in reducing water retention: swollen ankles, tired puffy eyes and swollen legs due to pregnancy
- Promotes healing of wounds and burns and improves the appearance of old scars
- Enhances the quality of the skin, acne and other skin conditions
- Gives deep relaxation
- Promotes the healing of fractures, torn ligaments, sprains and lessens pain
- Can improve many chronic conditions: sinusitus, rheumatoid arthritis and scleroderma (rheumatic disease)
- Minimizes or reduces stretch marks
- Boosts weight loss
- Assists in conditions arising from venous insufficiency (Dysfunction of the veins)
- Helps with sports injuries (after the initial inflammatory stage has passed)
- Assist in preventing swelling after a surgery or an injury
- Can be used to speed healing after cosmetic surgery
- Essential in the treatment of lymphoedema (for example in the legs)
- Relieves heavy and tired legs
- Helps with cellulite problems
- It makes you feel energized
Lymph drainage massage and cancer
This massage is also used for women who have had breast cancer and had some axillary lymph nodes removed. When edema is developed in your arm the massage can only be done when there is minor swelling.
When you should not have a lymphatic drainage massage?
- Acute inflammation caused by bacteria, viruses, poisons or allergens
- Malignant tumors
- Thrombosis and phlebitis
- Major heart problems
This kind of massage is also not recommended when you have the following health conditions:
- History of stroke or blood clots
- Kidney problems
- Liver problems
If you feel uncertain if you can have a lymphatic drainage massage, kindly discuss with your doctor to get clearance.
Feeling energized and relaxing at the same time through lymphatic drainage massage
I contacted Jolinda for a relaxing Swedish massage and when we met, and discussed my wishes and health problems, she suggested to do a lymphatic drainage massage. I had never heard from it before and how she described it and explained the technique, I thought to give it a try, as this was a very suitable technique, mainly for my blood circulation and swollen legs. I did not expect it to be this relaxing as well. I felt energized and relaxed at the same time after the sessions.
Rana- IT specialist
Location for lymphatic drainage: Holland, South Europe and Jordan
Massages are all by appointment.
Treatments are possible at your home, at your company or at another desired location.
As I currently work as a nomadic therapist, the locations vary between the Netherlands, Southern Europe to Jordan.
You can check out my current and upcoming locations on this page.
If you are looking for treatments for your company or center, I would be happy to look at the possibilities together.